FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
937 views 3 comments
by

Hello,

I want to use a GPS antenna for our RUT955 router on our mobile robotic research platform.

For that, I don't know which GPS antenna I should use. The First start guide says a linear polarized one . The Quick start guide says an antenna with RHCP polarization.

Also, should I go for a patch antenna or a quadrifilar helix?

The antenna will be mounted on top of a switch carbinet (made of aluminium).

Thanks
Simon

by anonymous

packaging companies are businesses that specialize in the design, production, and distribution of packaging materials and solutions for various industries. These companies play a crucial role in ensuring that products are protected, preserved, and presented effectively to consumers. They offer a wide range of packaging options, including boxes, containers, labels, wraps, and more.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
0 votes
by anonymous

Would you recommend the outdoor antenna? I'm going to buy it after read the outdoor antenna reviews from some blogs.If you recommend me some best that would be best for me.

by
We were not able to test it enough to make a valid answer. But it seems to work fine for our application.
by anonymous

Choosing the right GPS antenna for your application can be a bit confusing, but I can help clarify some of the key considerations.

Firstly, the polarization of the antenna refers to the orientation of the electromagnetic wave that it transmits or receives. Linearly polarized antennas have their electromagnetic fields oriented in a straight line, while circularly polarized antennas have their electromagnetic fields rotating in a circular motion. RHCP (Right-Hand Circular Polarization) is a type of circular polarization, which is commonly used in GPS applications.

In terms of whether to choose a patch antenna or a quadrifilar helix antenna, it really depends on the specific requirements of your application. Patch antennas are typically smaller and have a narrower beamwidth, making them ideal for applications that require a high level of accuracy in a specific direction. Quadrifilar helix antennas, on the other hand, have a wider beamwidth and are better suited for applications that require a broader coverage area.

Regarding the mounting location on top of a switch cabinet made of aluminum, it's important to keep in mind that the antenna should be placed in a location that has a clear line of sight to the GPS satellites. Ideally, the antenna should be placed outside of the cabinet or in a location where the aluminum won't interfere with the GPS signal. 먹튀사이트 If this is not possible, then you may need to use a GPS repeater or an external antenna mounted on the roof of the building to ensure proper GPS reception.

In summary, if your application requires high accuracy in a specific direction, you may want to consider a linearly polarized patch antenna. However, if you need broader coverage, then a RHCP quadrifilar helix antenna may be a better choice. Regardless of the type of antenna you choose, make sure to mount it in a location with a clear line of sight to the GPS satellites.