FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
950 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Goodmorning,

We have a working IPsec VPN tunnel between a Draytek Vigor2926 router (server) and a Teltonika RUT9XX (client). The network of the Draytek is 192.168.178.xx and the Teltonika is 192.168.1.xx. We can access all client PC’s and cameras true the VPN server but the clients are not connected to internet. The Teltonika router does give the clients a IP address. Further: there are no firewall portforwarding rules on the Teltonika client only Firewall Traffic rules ( standard and enabled). As far as I can see there are no further settings that can cause this.

Because the VPN is working I don’t want to loose it if I change something essential.

Hopefully you can tell me what to change so my clients can use internet.

2 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hi,

I’m little confused. I don’t understand this:

“We can access all client PC’s and cameras true the VPN server but the clients are not connected to internet.”

Please provide more details and share detailed topology with IP address?

IPsec includes protocols for establishing authentication between agents. There is no server or client. What do you mean “Draytek Vigor2926 router (server) and a Teltonika RUT9XX (client)”?

Regards
by anonymous
It's a RUT os "bug" or OpenWRT/strongswan misconfiguration script, when IPsec tunnel is established, Firewall flush routing to "internet" for clients in lan (br-lan interface) and only allowed traffic is between tunnel peers subnet.
0 votes
by anonymous

I think is missing some firewall rules allow traffic like LAN to ANY

I'm under working to understand how is mistake exactly...
I see much firewall misconfiguration warning, in RUT os,  when I run
/etc/init.d/firewall restart
But I'm not a really tough expert , I go foward with many trial & errors, sorry wink