FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
879 views 2 comments
by
It may take up to 5 minutes for it to provide the data / internet connectivity from boot.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Lauri,

Please explain how you are checking internet connectivity?

My advice is: connect one PC to RUT240 LAN port, start endless PING to IP address (ping 8.8.8.8 -t). Power on your device and start counting time until you get PING reply from 8.8.8.8.

For any RUT device 5 minutes booting time is too long. Regularly it is up to 80sec., if we use Mobile as main WAN. Is Mobile (WAN) your primary WAN?

We should find out which startup part is slowing down it. Router is starting slow or modem is connecting to long on GSM network?

If you can't figure it out, please do some tests and send me troubleshoot file:

•             First test: Please restart your devices, wait until it boots up and establishes internet connection.

•             Second test: Please restart only mobile connection (WebUI -> Status -> Mobile – Restart connection).

Then download troubleshoot file (WebUI-> System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot) and send it to me private message.

We will wait for your feedback

by anonymous

In my case the RUT 240 router is taking ~120 sec to boot up from a cold start and to get PING reply from 8.8.8.8.
Is this common for RUT240 with F.W. RUT2_R_00.07.02.1?
The only service which is on in (WebUI -> Status -> Services) is NTP client.
Can I reduce this time somehow to around 1 minute?

by anonymous
Hello,

Unless you are using wired WAN connectivity, 2 minutes is the approximate time it takes for the device to boot, attach modem module and establish data connection to the network.

Best regards,