FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
701 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I can't get the mobile connection to change it's Data Connection status on my RUT240 router to anything else then Disconnected. 

• So far I updated all the necessary fields under mobile. 
  • Tried 2 different SIM cards without being able to establish. 
  • FW version is on the latest that the system downloaded via the Admin interface.
  • SMS, both incoming and outgoing are working

-Ruud 

Troubleshoot archive

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi Ruud,

I have checked your troubleshoot file and it shows that mobile data connection is established.

Maybe you can provide more information about your setup? Since as I can see from your configuration, you have configured WiFi as your main WAN interface and Mobile only as Secondary. If your WiFi connection is stable and has internet connectivity, then Mobile can be shown as "Disconnected". Try to configure your WAN with mobile as main interface and check if issue persists.
Best answer
by

Hi Tomas,

For my overland truck setup the idea is to 'ride' on a Public or Paid AP, broadcasting that to our own Hotspot around the truck. I prefer to have the Hotspot function as to have some level of control over the kid(s) with respect to data usage and time online.

After some reboots, swapping the SIM card, and having the prepaid connected to the Vodafoon network in an old Nokia. The data connection seems to be established using the prepaid card in installed the modem.

However, it looks to me that the WiFi connects to the router as AP and not as Hotspot. As I do not get the login screen when connecting. When connected the browser responds that I'm not connected to the internet trying to connect to a www address.

-R

by anonymous
Hi,

Can you send me your router backup file with password. I will upload for internal testing?
by anonymous
Hello Thomas,

I believe I have managed to get things operational by selecting the home Guest WiFi,  in stead of the normal WiFi as the Wireless Station Mode network.

Am I correct that the encryption for the Wireless Accesspoint is set to no encryption when I have the RADIUS server configured to hand out the users Sessions ? .
by anonymous
Hi Ruud,

In order for Hotspot functionality to work and allow users to authenticate in landing page, router must have internet connection and working DNS. So most likely users was not redirected to landing page, since router did not had internet connection.