FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
607 views 5 comments
by
My openVPN connection works well, i configured the internal LAN with 192.168... and the WAN (NIC Settings) as DHCP. Tested OK, but after a restart the connection is visible and "connected" but it can not be used. My tmp Solution is to change the Port on the Switch. After changing the connection is going to work well state.

But changing the WAN DHCP IP to a fixed one will destroy all networking. All NICs got the same IP, not good. The CLI will show my settings. Ping to my IPs works sometimes, sometimes not.

Can someone please advice?

Thanks,
Jochen

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello Jochen,

I would like to help you, but I am missing some information.

What type of device you are using (RUT2XX, RUT9XX…)? Firmware version?

OpenVPN should have server and client. Witch side you configured, and having issues?

Are both sides Teltonika devices?

What type of OpenVPN authentication you are using?

More specification on WAN: type (mobile or wired), type of public IP (static, dynamic, shared/private)?

Regards.
by

Hello, thanks for your reply.
i have tested with 2 Teltonika RUT240 Router. Both are openVPN Clients, connecting to a Ubuntu openVPN Server.

Client Konfig:  UDP, AES-256-CBC 256, TLS, Tls Cipher: all, HMAC auth key

All IP's are in private Subnets.Wired connections (set wan port to a nic). LAN has a fixed ip, wan fixed or dhcp. 

Router A:

RUT2400 00E000

Current Firmware Information

Firmware version RUT2XX_R_00.00.348
Firmware build date 2018-01-03, 15:52:14
Kernel version 3.18.44
Bootloader version 2.0.1

Router B:

RUT24006E000

Current Firmware Information

Firmware version RUT2XX_R_00.01.10
Firmware build date 2019-07-12, 10:13:40
Kernel version 3.18.44
Bootloader version 3.2.0

Thank you and Best regards 

by anonymous

1.       I recommend you upgrade your devices (WebUI -> System -> Firmware), to latest firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.11.3:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Firmware_Downloads

2.       On OpenVPN client side you have to manage – “Remote Host/IP address”. It should be OpenVPN server IP address.

3.       What is OpenVPN authentication method: Static key, TLS, Password…. ?

Test OpenVPN again, if issue persist, please download Troubleshoot file form you RUT device (WebUI -> Administration -> Troubleshoot). Send it to me on private message. Additionally provide info from OpenVPN server settings.

by
We have a project with the RUT240 and a lot of devices are distributed to our customers, so i am not sure that i can change the Firmware. We will discuss this on Friday.

Maybe i have not written this. My openVPN connection is good, if i use a DHCP IP on my WAN Interface. After changing this IP to a private, static IP the internal LAN IP will be set to my WAN IF and stay on LAN IF. This is shown in all Web GUI Tabs. The CLI shows the correct settings, but it is not be able to be pinged anytime.
by anonymous

After my RUT240 Update i have lost the openVPN Connectivity. I think, that this is not working for me.

by anonymous

Please download Troubleshoot file form you RUT device (WebUI -> Administration -> Troubleshoot). Send it to me on private message. Additionally provide info from OpenVPN server settings.