FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
519 views 2 comments
by
I've been trying to connect to a remote RTU. I do not have access at the moment. RMS shows connectivity, however rather unreliable (drops down every now and then). When trying to establish a WebUI connection, I get almost always: "Cant connect to device. Please generate new link", even if status is shown online at the moment. Few times doesn't give the error, however doesn't proceed to connect (Blank page opens).

Is there a way to force a WebUI connection, knowing the communication is slow/unreliable?

Alternatively, can I make selected changes via alternative method? the device has a public fixed IP available.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Sorry about that i think the issue is on your RUT device side maybe it is receiving low signal from the network operator. That is why it is having an intermittent connectivity. If you have a Public IP you can access the device on the Web UI or SSH through it's IP address. But you need to enable this setting on the System > Administration > Access Control > Enable Remote HTTP access and Remote SSH Access. And you should be able to reach the device via Putty or Web UI as long as it has internet connectivity.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Jerome

by
Hi Jerome,

Thank you for your answer and comments.

The signal seems to be OK, as it has been mostly at -65dB. That's why we are aiming at configuration issues, or matching of SIM/Router settings.
I have a "trouble backup" file. Can I see there, if the settings are proper to my needs?

Thanks,

Carlos
by anonymous

Hello Carlos,

Yes you can send me the troubleshoot file via PM. Also when it comes to opening this Enable Remote HTTP Access and Enable Remote SSH you are also opening it to everyone so meaning any one that knows your public IP may be able to access this. If you are able to receive -65dB could you check what is the RSRP value of your device? Maybe you are receiving a high RSRP value. 

You can check this link for more info: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Mobile_Signal_Strength_Recommendations#4G_.28LTE.29

Hope it helps 

Regards,
Jerome