FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+2 votes
544 views 3 comments
by
Hey Guys

The Wiki SDK instructions entrie for removing services from Firmware is empty, does anybody have a information/instructions about that ?

Thanks

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Which services do you want to remove from stock firmware, and if I may ask, why?

Also, please specify which device are you using.
by
Hello

I want to reduce the firmware footprint, services to remove are:

VRRP

TR-069

Web Filter

MQTT

R232

Ddns

Hotpsot

Cli

Modbus

USB Tools

Upnp

I want to create a minimal Firmware for our project and less functions has a lower possibility for issues and security even If the functions not in use.

Model; Rut955

Thanks
by
If you don't use these functions you should not have any issues.also if these packages will be disabled any security issues should not be.
0 votes
by anonymous
I would like to do the same - we need a minimal install to avoid long boot-times of the unit. How and where can we disable/remove services from the built stack? Is there a preferred way of doing this?
by anonymous
Hello,

In the SDK directory, execute: ./scripts/feeds uninstall the_package_you_dont_want

make clean; make

Regards,