FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
641 views 3 comments
by
Hi,

I am using RUTX9U modem. I am using one SIM and WAN connection (second router)

When i turn on load balancing is working. But i see some issues:

- when i am opening web pages there are some delay or even error that host is not reachable

- speedtest app has problems to measure speed. Thinking so long before choose server. In my opinion the reason is becasue RUTX9U is trying to decide which network will use

Maybe i have some bugs in the configuration. I did everything like in wiki.teltonika.

When i uplug for example: WAN connection everything is working properly without any delays.

Thank you in advance for any advices how to configure properly load balancing.

Best Regards

T

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I tested RUTX09 with latest firmware and Load Balancing worked without any issue.
When browsing the web there was no visible differences between using Load Balancing and using single WAN interface.
And I did not encounter situations where it took longer to open web page or web page was unreachable.

If your router is not running on the latest firmware, please try upgrading it.
Latest RUTX09 firmware is available for download on teltonika wiki:
https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX09_Firmware_Downloads

If it will not help with the issue, please provide screenshots of following router's WebUI windows:
Network -> WAN
Network -> Failover
Status -> Network -> Mobile
by

Hi,
Thank you for the answer. I have installed newest version of firmware: RUTX_R_00.02.01.1
Screenshots:
Network->WAN

Network->Failover

Status->Network->Mobile

by anonymous
Hi,

Thanks for the images.
After firmware upgrade the issue with slow browsing speeds when using load balancing still present?
The quality of images makes hard to understand configuration, but from what could be seen, configuration seems to be correct.
If you're using just wired wan interface, is issue disappears?
Also once router's load balancing configuration is saved, is browsing becomes slows right after configuration changes or it takes some time for issue to appear?
by
Hi

Sorry for the quality of pictures

Today i have strange situation. My RUTX9U was reseted to default configuration. I did not touch anything

Regarding issue after FW upgrade when i am using load balancing config mobile 3/5 wan 2/5 is working better. When i am using mobile 2/4 wan 2/4 than there are some issue appear.

Yes when i am using only one interface Mobile or WAN issue disappear. It does not matter which one i am using.