FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
986 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I have just had a RUT240 installed in my house and it noticed a few issues with it right from the start. The main problem is that the router disconnects from mobile data every morning (by the time people in the house wake up and their devices start asking for IP's from the router).

The APN field (in Mobile settings of the WebUI) acts strange - I have tried indicating the APN both manually as well as choosing it from the Auto list and still the mobile data disconnects every morning and stays in disconnected state (doesn't reconnect automatically anymore until reboot). What can I do about this?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Do you use mobile SMA antennas? Maybe the signal level is too low?

I want to check your configuration in more detail. Please generate troubleshoot file and send to me via private message. Go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot and click Download.
by anonymous
According to the troubleshoot file you uploaded, I see internet disconnects when you change the mobile configuration. Please re-generate the troubleshoot file during internet downtime and send the file in a private message.
by anonymous
This router behavior has continued (disconnecting almost every day and then staying disconnected). This morning the data was disconnected and I had to reboot several times before connection was re-established, but after that I have lost access to the router entirely - diagnostics tells me "remote device refuses to accept connection". Have rebooted several times, no success, resetting is tricky as router is installed outside, on the roof of my house. So without access to the router, can't obviously generate the troubleshooting file either. Will send the troubleshooting file when will regain access to the gateway
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

based on your troubleshoot file that you have regenerated I don't see why you are losing your internet connection. How do I understand when the internet disappears and the router also becomes unavailable? Try first updating the firmware to the latest version and check if the issue persists. You can find the latest firmware version here:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Firmware_Downloads