FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
546 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Dear Forum Users,

We have started to test the RUTX09 and we have a very stange stability problem with the LTE modem. After some time (max several hours) the mobile interface is not working anymore.

After looking at the logs it seems the modem is not responsing anymore:

Sat Mar 14 18:27:49 2020 daemon.info ledman: Received some errors while requesting modem data, changing next timeout to 10 seconds

Sat Mar 14 18:27:49 2020 daemon.info ledman: Re-fetching available modems...

Sat Mar 14 18:27:57 2020 daemon.info unhandler[2053]: unhandler[src/unhandler.c:270]: Failed to execute AT command: AT+CPIN?

Sat Mar 14 18:27:57 2020 daemon.info unhandler[2053]: SIM state unknown. Checking again after 2s.

Sat Mar 14 18:28:19 2020 daemon.info ledman: Available modems: 1

Does anybody has an idea what the problem could be? Also, the download speed is not that good, but it might be related to the mobile provieder. 

What is the latest/recommended modem firmware to be used? 

The router firmware is the latest: RUTX_R_00.02.01.1

Thanks for any idea/advice!

tom

by anonymous
There is an update to the modem firmware available according to the firmware update service however Teltonika have a known bug in their latest router firmware which prevents it from properly connecting to the update server to download the modem firmware. They say this will be fixed in the next firmware release. As a starting point i would try rebooting the modem and if that does not work reboot the router; i have a similar issue if i try to check messages on my RUTX09 where the modem just crashes and i end up having to reboot the router.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Sorry for such a late response. The latest modem firmware would be EG06ELAR04A03M4G or EG06ALAR02A07M4G depending on the modem which is installed in your router (EG06E or EG06A). If your device is running an older modem firmware, you can try updating it.

Also, from your attached logs, I would suggest testing a device with a different SIM card. If the issue still persists with different SIM please download and send me troubleshoot file via a private message. Troubleshoot can be downloaded from routers WebUI, System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot.