FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
997 views 0 comments
by
I am trying to configure a new RUT950 modem but the IP address shown is not the real one - which means dyndns function won't work and I cannot connect to it from the internet. When I connect it to a laptop and use check-my-ip I can see the real IP address. I have another RUT950 (older version) which I use with the same sim-card and I do not get this problem. It seems like it manufactures some proxy addresses inside the modem - was the explanation I got from a technical friend. Any ideas?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you check what APN yours older RUT950 is using is it set on custom or Auto? You can find it in Networks > Mobile configuration. My guess you need to use specific APN to receive Public IP form yours provider, and Auto APN can't do that usually since it is meant to easily connect generic SIM cards to internet.