FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,543 views 6 comments
by

After updating one of our RUT240 routers to firmware version RUT2XX_R_00.01.12 the router does not answer to SMS commands anymore.

When sending a SMS to the router, nothing happens. The message is not recognized at all (no entry in „services/SMS-utilities/SMS management“).

I tried different versions of the authorization methods and I checked that my mobile transmits the calling number

The issue occurred just after the reboot forced by the firmware update until then everything worked fine.

Also checked:
the issue is permanent (reboot does not help)
the issue is also present when using a different mobile (different number and provider)
it is possible to send a SMS from the router to the mobile

APN is t-mobile.de

Thank you in advance

by

The "SMS Forwarding To HTTP Configuration" doesn't works for me too after firmware upgrade, I think it's a bug.

When I call this url:

https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx/cgi-bin/sms_send?username=yyyy&password=yyyy&number=yyyy&text=yyyy

the connection hangs (infinite loading).

by anonymous
Hello,

I was not able to reproduce the issue regarding SMS commands using RUT2XX_R_00.01.12 FW version. The RUT240 responded to "status" and "iostatus" commands without any issues. Could you tell me what commands do not work?

In order to send HTTP Post requests to the router from WAN, the remote HTTP access needs to be enabled. Remote access configuration can be found in the System -> Administration -> Access Control WebUI page.
by
We have two 240. One of them has also the problem, never solved the SMS reception problem. Also if you call the router no response. The other works fine, scary

Any solution provided

4 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi, 

If you restart the service nothing happen?

You can restart it via CLI. Go to Services --> CLI 

Login: root   /   Password:  "Your router access password"

Then write   /etc/init.d/sms-utils restart

or maybe you can test with /etc/init.d/sms-utils enable

There are others available commands to manage the sms-utils (using the same syntax):

start         Start the service

stop         Stop the service

restart Restart the service

reload Reload configuration files (or restart if service does not implement reload)

enable Enable service autostart

disable Disable service autostart

If it not solve please let us know.
Regars.
by

Thank you for your answer.

The problem was to get the routers IP at first. Because of an error in DynDNS the router did not announce its IP. To use the SMS command status instead of was impossible too, so I had to visit the installation spot physically.

After gaining contact again I

1.      changed “Network/Mobile” connection method from ppp to QMI

and

2.      cleared the SIM-card where 19 of 20 storage places for SMS where in use,

3.      switched off storage on SIMS card (SMS administration/storage)

With this modifications SMS commands are accessible again, so the problem seems to be solved but without knowing the real cause.

Up to now I don not understand which SMS commands are stored on SIM an which not.

Looking forward to hear your appraisal

0 votes
by

The "SMS Forwarding To HTTP Configuration" doesn't works for me too after firmware upgrade, I think it's a bug.

When I call this url:

https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx/cgi-bin/sms_send?username=yyyy&password=yyyy&number=yyyy&text=yyyy

the connection hangs (infinite loading).

by anonymous
Hi,

Which firmware had your router before the issue and which is the lastest firmare you upgraded?

I'll simulate on mine and see if I get the same issue.

Regards.
0 votes
by
I used the commands "reboot" and "status". There was absolutely no reaction.

After deleting the stored SMS and switching the APN from ppp to QMI everthing works fine again.
by anonymous
Hello,

I will forward this information to my R&D team for further investigation.
0 votes
by
Hi, I have a RUT240 that doesn't send anymore sms (/admin/services/sms/sms-manage/outbox/).

If I try I get a timeout error and after that it's not possible to read already received ones. Need to reboot to view sms but it's impossible to send sms anymore.

I've already installed last firmware and last boot code.

By now I'm unable to have reports via sms when a WAN failure, etc.