FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
565 views 4 comments
by anonymous
worked perfectly for over a year. the just stopped working in February. i use PoE, tried a new ethernet cable, worked. re routed the cable outside, worked for a few days, but now its gone the same way. I can connect to the router, change settings ect. the router is receiving small amounts of data, but no net via ethernet or wifi. I tried to fix this for ages and i think i've tried every solution people recommend in here. I've never set up RMS as i dont need to access the router when im away from home.

I've changed the connection type, changed the apn, tried in 2g,3g and 4g. i've tried the sim in my phone and that works, tried in a different router and that works(in the house, non poe router). So can only assume its the router?

Thanks for any help.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

To better understand your issue, could you clarify:

Router is used at your home for internet access, passive PoE is used to power up device. Router is working correctly in every other aspect except for internet access via mobile wan interface? Is that's the case?

If so, have you already tried upgrading firmware version to the latest (download from here)?

Did you tried testing connection with other SIM cards?

What is the mobile connection's signal strength displayed in router's overview window?

Also, try navigating to System → Administration → Diagnostics, run ping command for Host 8.8.8.8 and provide the screenshot of executed command.

by anonymous

Thanks for your reply. Correct, i'm using the passive PoE to power the device, the router seems to be working fine, i have it connected in my home network and im able to stream files off my server to the tv via the rut240. I had attempted to update the FW before, but it had always said i was up to date. It wasn't though, so with your link, i was able to update to the latest version, but that hasn't fixed anything. I'm sure i tried it with another sim and that worked too. Hopefully these screenshots help. 

by anonymous
If it helps. it's like the router isn't giving out ip addresses. currently have 0 dhcp leases.
by anonymous
Hi,

The ping command shows that router itself have internet access, as it looks like all pings passed through successfully.
Router is also connected to the network, have IP address and quite good signal strength.
All these things indicating that the issue might be from the LAN ends.
To begin with I would recommend to reset router by holding reset button for 5s or more if you haven't try it yet.
You can save your current configuration by navigating to System → Administration → Backup and downloading backup file, which can later be uploaded backup to the router.
If it not helps, send me router's troubleshoot file via PM.
You can download troubleshoot file via router's WebUI (System → Administration → Troubleshoot).
by anonymous
Thanks for the tips. I managed to get it working. As you mentioned, the problem was with the lan, it wasn't giving out ip adresses to any of my other devices. So i just connected my pc and rebooted the router. It gave an ip for that and then i was able to connect everything else.