FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,288 views 16 comments
by
Hi

Does the power supply for the RUT955 provide any interface for reading the current provided voltage?

I imagine there is at least some GPIO interface available to the Linux kernel that we can use for this.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Power supply voltage measurement is not connected to processor GPIO pin, instead it uses LTE module ADC input 0. You can read this value with command gmsctl -A AT+QADC=0. This will return +QADC: <status>,<value>. Here <status> indicates if ADC value was read successfully: 0 - Fail, 1 - Success, and <value>  is ADC voltage value in mV. However, PSU voltage is not directly measured, instead it goes via voltage divider which ratio is 14.7/164.7. So to get PSU voltage you have to calculate it with formula: PSU_voltage = ADC_voltage * 164.7/14.7.

by
I am amazed by the technical competence that Teltonika provides.

Thanks a lot! I will try this very soon.
by
Hi again

Just confirming that this works great. I wrote a cronscript that writes the voltage to a new hwinfo attribute using the uci tool, then we read out this attribute using the UCI sms command.

Note to others. Bash doesnt support floating point arithmetics, but awk is available on the RUT955, so you can use that for the arithmetics(if you need to convert mv to v).
by
I'll second the other anonymous guy ans ay amazing supprt! Could you verify the voltage divider values? My calculation seems to be a bit off, around 0.4V.

Hope to hear from you!
by anonymous
Hello,

Voltage divider ratio is the same (0.0893). This 0.4V difference comes from input circuit diode, since divider to ADC0 pin is connected after all elements.

Regards, Tomas
by anonymous
Hello,

I have used this command successfully with some of my RUT955. Unfortunately, it seems to be not working on other ones. When I type the command in the CLI, I get only "ERROR" as a result. Can you give me some hints on how to solve that?

Thanks a lot
by anonymous
Hi,

Same as ptitviet, the command I type in the CLI or in PuTTY only return "ERROR". It's the same on all of my ten RUT955. They have been bought only this year 2022, is that possible that the command doesn't work on the RUT955 built in 2022 ? Or is there something in the firmware or device 's configuration that invalid the command?

Regards
by anonymous

Try with apostrophes: gsmctl -A 'AT+QADC=0'

by anonymous
You are missing '+' between AT and QADC
by anonymous

My bad :/

But same error anyway...

by anonymous

What is your output of the command below:

gsmctl -m -y

by anonymous

Model and revision:
SLM750
750VE71SHB082722972

by anonymous
The previous command was for Quectel modems, but your router has a different manufacturer's module.

I cannot test it on the spot, but based on the manual the command should look similar to gsmctl -A 'AT+ADCREAD=0'
by anonymous
Seems to be working !

Thanks for your time !

Can I access to the manual you speak about? I can't find it.
by anonymous
Sent you a private message.
by anonymous
Hello, The PSU value I get with this voltage divider ratio on a RUTX14 seems incorrect. Is there a voltage divider ratio for the RUTX14 as well?

Thank you in advance,
Zoek
by anonymous
Hello,

Unfortunately, input voltage measurement is not possible with RUTX14, as the devices modem's ADC pins are not connected to anything.

Apologies for the inconveniences.

Best regards,