FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
409 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hi all, I'm new here indecision

With a CSV file it is possible to add a large number of devices (more than 100 RUT240 for our customer) automatically into RMS and set the devices directly into the right Customer name. But... 

Is it also possible to load automatically a basic configuration (from a master device) and loading the right firmware? All devices are having the same configuration, exept the Routername.. (Customername-xxxx) xxxx=store number. 

I think it is a perfect solution to add default configuration files and firmware versions to a group (Customer) of devices.. When a device is setting into a group, automatically the right settings are loaded into the device..   

Can you help me with this? 

Greetings from the Netherlands! 

Johan

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi Johan,

You can download a backup (config) file from your selected master device, after that you can upload it to RMS and distribute it to all devices of same type you want at once.

Follow THIS link for download instructions. THIS link for uploading the file and THIS link for upload instructions.

If you are asking possiblity of 'whenever a device joins to certain group, it should get this configuration automatically' it is NOT possible

Best answer