FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,397 views 5 comments
by

Hi Guys

Using a RUT240 in passthrough mode - and need to use syslog via the other LAN port to a local server.

I cant find syslog anywhere in the GUI...has it been removed in firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.11.2?

I was runnng later firmware but could not get passthrough to work, hence running current -1.

Thanks

David

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

So which firmware are you using now? I tested it just now and passthrough with FW ver.: RUT2XX_R_00.01.12  to me was working fine.

Most of logs can be accessed through GUI in Status > Events Log, but if you want full syslog then you need to go through System > Administration > Troubleshoot and press show next to the System log choice

Best regards,
VidasKac

by

Hi - thanks for the reply.

I am looking to set a syslog server - so the device can send logs to a remote box, not for me to view logs locally on the device.

I have seen screenshots showing syslog config, but I cannot see the option anywhere within RUT2XX_R_00.01.12.

I am sure the screen shots show it in "Event log report rules" and the there was a drop down box with ftp, email and syslog. I only have email and ftp....no syslog option.

Thanks

by anonymous
Hello,

Could you please post or privately send me that screen shot you are talking about.

Thank you.
VidasKac
by

Hi there

I am "assuming" the syslog should be configured in the screenshot below... my options are email and ftp.

If this is the wrong place to set syslog, please tell me how to find it... 

You will also see I upgraded to the latest posted firmware, with no change.

I originally found the screenshot below showing syslog as a configurable option but i cannot find it anywhere...

I get the feeling that syslog is just not supported on this device.

Thanks

by

Hi VidasKac - any thoughts?

by anonymous

Hello,

Sorry for long silence. 

At least at this moment there is no way to set full syslog reporting to a server via WebUI, but it is doable via CLI you can use this guide as reference and set it up - https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/base-system/log.essentials