FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,544 views 2 comments
by
I am using RUT955 in the US. I am Using GPSWOX software and I want to use the I/O on the Modem to give alerts and activate and output. Do you have direction to assist in this process? Thank you so much for you assistance.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Assuming that you have already registered your RUT955 to GPSWOX software and have configured RUT955 to send data to GPSWOX (IP: 107.170.92.234, port: 6027), you can:

- from RUT955's "Services -> GPS -> GPS IO" menu create new "GPS Input Configuration" rule, which, when triggered, would send additional GPS record to GPS IO servers. If you would set higher "priority" level for such record, then you will be able to easily see that in GPSWOX when filtering all records by priority value. This will also allow you to create custom notification from GPSWOX software itself.

- from RUT955's "Services -> Input/output -> Input" menu create new "Input Configuration" rule, which, when triggered, would make certain action from router itself (e.g. send SMS message/email to you, or activate router's output)
Best answer
by
Thank you for your help. I have got my sensors working but I still havent figured out how to Activate the outputs on the modem through the GPS software.

the Modem Has a static IP on the mobile network.
by anonymous

Hello,

To confirm: You cannot activate an output through GPSWOX software directly. I.e. There is no "both way communication" between GPSWOX server and your RUT955. RUT955 only sends GPS information to GPSWOX, while GPSWOX simply "acknowledges" the information.

However, it might be possible to do that indirectly (e.g. if GPSWOX software could send HTTP Post string or SMS message to the router and activate output this way). Even if it is not possible, you can activate router's output on your own via any of above methods (especially since your router has Public IP):

- from router's WebUI

- from router's SSH (e.g. with "gpio.sh set DOUT1" SSH command)

- via SMS messages (by creating new "Switch output ON/OFF" SMS rule from "Services -> SMS Utilities" menu)

- via HTTP Post/Get url string (https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT955_Input/Output#Post.2FGet_Configuration)