FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
1,129 views 2 comments
by

Hi

I have a PFSense working as OpenVPN-server and the RUT955 as openVPNclient. The setup is P2P SSL/TLS

- PFSense IP = 192.168.1.1 with behind it a PC with IP 192.168.1.101

- RUT955 IP = 192.168.2.1 with behind it a PC with IP 192.168.2.20

- Tunnel Network = 192.168.3.0/24

The tunnel is up and running. I can ping from the PC behind the RUT955 to the tunnel, server and PC behind the server.

The other way around is another story. I can ping the tunnel begin and end point from the PC behind the server (192.168.3.1 and 192.168.3.2) but when i want to ping to the RUT955 the ping fails. So I'm guessing that the packages are dropped by the RUT955 when they arrive at the tunnel?

But I haven't got a clue why. Isn't the traffic rule for Allowing VPN enough? Or do I need to add additional firewall rules?

Routing table of PFSense:

Routing table of RUT955:

Any help is welcome.

Thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Did you add a TLS client on the PFSense side? By adding a TLS client, you will then be able to access the client router. More information you can found here:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/OpenVPN_configuration_examples#Clients_from_Server
by
Thanks for your answer.

I tried it on PFSense. It is called Client Specific Override. After this I am able to ping the LAN-network of the RUT955.

But now I have the problem that I can't ping the RUT955 OpenVPN tunnel 192.168.3.2. Not on any network...

Thanks!
by anonymous
Hello!

Currently, I am encountering the same issue with a similar setup. Could you please detail in depth what settings did you apply to the pfSense appliance?

Thank you!