FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
837 views 0 comments
by
Hi,

I am trying to use a RUT955 as a local gateway for several sensor controllers. The controllers connect to the RUT955 via WLAN and they are supposed to send MQTT messages to an external broker.

From a 'normal' WLAN, there is no problem at all. All controllers can send and receive MQTT messages. However, when I try to use the RUT955 as an access point, the controllers cannot connect to the external MQTT broker any more.

The controllers do join the WLAN created by the RUT955 and can sync their clocks using the NTP service provided by the RUT955, but they cannot establish a connection to the external MQTT broker.

I suspect that this is a firewall problem. I would very much appreciate any advice you may have!

Best regards,

Tom

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If you need only to send MQTT messages to server from that LAN devices, try setting up Port forward rule in GUI of yours RUT955 Network > Firewall > Port Forwarding - from any IP in LAN on port 1883 (or 8883 whichever one you are using) to [Server_Public_IP] on port 1883 or 8883.

Best regards,
VidasKac.