FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
444 views 3 comments
by
Hello

I have a Server who send SMS on virtual ComPort to the IP Moxabox Serial server. On the Moxabox is a analog Modem connected who dial to ASP and send the SMS. Is it possible to use RUT955 instead the Analog modem? Additional infomation, on the Application on the Server I can only configure a Com Port for sending.

Thanks for help

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello

In theory, yes, you can use RUT955 opr TRB142 devices, the main thing here is that we need to understand what kind of messages or what layer of communications does your server send to the Virtual COM port.

Is it AT commands?

Is it just specific commands for the Moxabox to perform some specific commands internally

Up to what level of customization you have access to in your server? Because we can suggest to switch to Modbus RTU or a more simpler Serial Over IP protocols to send that information to where you need to send it.

It is always more helpful if you can post a more detailed schematic diagram of your solution's topology

I will be on the lookout for your feedback
by
Hello Jpteltonika

Thanks for your quick reaction.

I have access to the Server but not to the application it self. This application are programmed from a company who not anymore exist.

From the application/server hystory, 8years ago this Server was physical one and there was direct attached Analog modem. We migrated this one to a virtuel server and implementat the moxa box with the analog modem to be reachable from each ESX host through the network if the server move on the Vmware enviroment.

I can see in a small document that they need a Hayes compatible modem and that they send first the reset string ATZ.

In my office I have already a RUT955 and would be perfect if we can use also for this need.

Thanks

Bruno

Hi

I understand what your mean, but I not get anymore support on this and at the moment I not have any idea how I can sniff the data he send and I don't know which application exactly send the messages.

I would very happy if you can send a configuration example over Serial over IP protocolls and I can check.

Thanks
by anonymous
Hi.

As I said before. In theory it can work, but we need very detailed information of the data that strings that the modem sends and receive, to be sure. What layer of communication does use your software.

You can test it but unless we have detailed technical documentation we are almost blind.

Regards
by

Hi 

As I said the company who have installed and programmed this is not anymore exist and we have not anymore support on the installed applications. The only support we have is on the PLC and SQL part.What I can provide is only some sniff on the Com Port which the message sents to the modem. Maybe the attached can also help to see how the data goes. Sorry but I can not more provide.

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=12541649314690441630

Regards