FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+3 votes
1,771 views 16 comments
by
Hello! Please could somebody tell me when the new FW update will be rolled out? Because I can't update the Modem firmware!
by anonymous
So my bet is - they don't work on FW upgrade to fix all broken things they introduced with 00.02.01.01 which was massive PITA. They dropped support for RUTX11 for a while and they don't work on this firmware at all saying that they heavily test something. If not a new firmware as a customers we at least deserve patch or fix for all the issues introduced with broken official release. My bet is they 90% focused on release of new device RUTX12 which will share in many aspects RUTX11 firmware except RUTX12 has two LTE modems. End of the day we will be given some sort of FW upgrade within the next few months untested so they fix few issues *WE* have pointed but introduce whole new range of other broken things. Hope this not happen though.

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
If i am not mistaken there is a bug in current firmware and can't do fota updates, you have to do it manually
by
How I can do that?
by anonymous

take a look at the manual of the X11, it is well explained.

I guess looking at the manual is the first step before forums :)

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX11_Firmware

by
I know, that a lot of people think that they are clever than others. If you red my question it says Modem firmware!    Once I had a feedback that the modem firmware will updated with new router fw. So if you know when it will rolled out, please let me know. If not, keep your ideas.
by anonymous
It is a public forum, don't have to keep my ideas. Maybe should formulate better your questions.
by
I believe you didn’t read my question, but write the answer which is not the answer on my question.
by anonymous
Ok as you wish
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

New FW release for RUTX series was planed this month, but as for now it is still being heavily tested, so exact release date is not yet available if some bugs or inconsistencies will be detected it can be delayed.

Is there a reason why you need to update Modem Firmware? Maybe there is some way we can help or find temporary workaround until new FW release if you are having some issues?

Best regards,
VidasKac.
by
Hello! Thank you for the answer. There is now any special issues to update it. Just in case). Also if it possible to add combine use of the net like 3g+4g. Why? When 4g drops, it will automatically connect to 3g.
by anonymous
Then I will ask for yours patience, we want update to be as complete as it can be, but I hope we will be able to release FW update soon.

But Auto service mode is there as a choice precisely for this reason. If 4G drops it will use 3G and if 4G gets back router will start using it again.

Best regards,
VidasKac
by
Thank you for the answer! Auto mode is really does it).
by
Hello support! Today is already May! When do you expect to roll out new FW with possibility update the FW of the modem?!
by anonymous
Hello as I said it was still being tested and "planned" release was delayed. At this moment it is 99% ready for release, basically final verification is being done, so it should be out in few following days

Best regards
Vidas.
by
Thank you for the update. Really waiting for the fw updat of modem with new release of fw router!!!!
by
Hi any idea when Printer server is going to be released?
by anonymous

New FW is now available when updating via Routers WebUI System > Firmware,  Update from server. It will be added to Wiki Firmware downloads soon.

Printer server is also available in this firmware version.

Best regards,
VidasKac.  

0 votes
by anonymous
I have the same problem, firmware for the modem is stuck at 0%
by
Same here. Firmware page says new Modem firmware is available, and when trying to upgrade after downloading the image and checksum verification and hitting proceed it says fail.