FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
586 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hi
I'm trying to set up a RUT955 with R 00.06.06 firmware to use Ethernet WAN as preferred with WIFI WAN as failover.

Everything is working fine when I start up with Ethernet connected in order to do the configuration changes. Then when I add the WIFI I want to use as failover in the WAN tab, it changes to WIFI even though the Ethernet cable is still connected. If I look in the WAN info page, the ethernet WAN connection has a red cross over it (see picture).

When I loose or disable the wifi connection, the router goes offline and will not go online with ethernet WAN.

I have tried with the failover WIFI as the same network as the Ethernet WAN and with it as a different network. How can I get this working?

Ethernet WAN setup:

by anonymous
Update:

If I use Ethernet as primary and 4G as failover it works sometimes, but sometimes fail to recover Ethernet when it is available.

4G as primary and Ethernet as failover works.

Wifi as primary with 4G as failover works.

Ethernet as primary with wifi as failover does not seem to work at all.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you please try upgrading FW to version 00.06.06.1 and check it again, and if possible reset router to factory configuration. I've just tried failover in all configurations, with WiFi as primary and as backup from Mobile and Wired networks it switched to backup on connection loss and back to Primary interface when it recovered every time.

BUT if problem persists could you please recreate the problem and send me troubleshoot file via PM so I can take better look at yours configuration and logs, but I hope it will not be necessary if you upgrade yours FW.

Best regards,
VidasKac
Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you. It seems to work now :)

I will report back if anything changes