FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
836 views 2 comments
by
RUT950

Firmware version             RUT9XX_R_00.06.00.2
Firmware build date       2019-03-07, 13:49:36
Kernel version   3.18.44

Does this device supports IPv6 on MOBILE connection. If yes do i use PPP or QMI?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Yes, if you use latest firmware.

1. You need to upgrade RUT950 to latest firmware: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT950_Firmware_Downloads
  2. Enable “IPv6 support” on menu System -> Administration
  3. Uncheck parameter “Use IPv4 only” on menu Network -> Mobile -> Mobile Configuration

Please provide us feedback after you test it. Can you share which country and provider supports IPv6.

Regards.

by anonymous
Yes, i have successfuly tested it. I get a public IPv6 address on mobile network. I can access services on RUT950 from the IPv6 internet (eg i can establish SSH2 connection using DNS AAAA record).

Still have some issues. I am interested to share the information with you and ask some support questions.
For example:

The mobile network operator development team suggested that the wwan0 hardware mac address changes and that this is the reason me (the end user) is not getting STATIC public IPv6 address.

Any way to evercome that? Can i "set" the MAC address for the mobile network as "fixed" (i don't want it to change on every reboot). That way - by theory i will get a static pubblic IPv6 address on mobile network.

(Croatia, Hrvatski Telekom that is part of Deutsche Telekom - closed test APN only)
by anonymous

Thank you for your feedback.

Can you send me troubleshoot file of RUT950 device. You can download it from Web UI menu System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot. Sen it via private message.