FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
746 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have a RUT955 connected to a network via WAN port. Clients connected to the RUT955 network experience unusably slow network speeds. Does anyone here have an idea which configuration might be causing this?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

RUT955 is connected to the network via Wired (Cable) connection using WAN port?
How is client connected to the RUT955 router? Is it via WiFi or Ethernet cable?
How are you measuring speed? Using any kind of speed test?
Best answer
by anonymous
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the RUT955 is connected to origin network via wire. The client experiences the slow speeds through either LAN or WiFi. I am measuring speed in minutes it takes to load google search and search for a speedtest. When connected via WiFi the RUT955 Web GUI appears to be affected by this issue as well, making it impossible to use it.

The same client connected to the origin network has network speeds according to telco contract.
by anonymous
Indeed strange behavior.

Is the router running on the latest firmware version? https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Firmware_Downloads

Also have you tried resetting router to default settings by holding reset button for around 10s?
by anonymous
I updated the firmware to the lastest hoping that this would fix the issue. This was not the case. I was hoping to avoid resetting the device.

Btw. is it possible to trigger a factory reset through the GUI?
by anonymous

Yes, basically you can do that via System → Administration → General window, or you can check mm2019 link below for more information.

If you don't want to loose your configuration, you can download router's backup file and upload in afterwards, so it would not be necessary to reconfigure router from the scratch.

But if factory reset will fix the issue, it might indicate that the issue is within the configuration.

by anonymous
Factory Reset and configuration from scratch worked! Thanks for the support!
0 votes
by anonymous