FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
276 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have two RUT950 with a firmware version RUT9XX_R_00.05.01.5 with RMS enabled on port 15000 and another with port 15009.

I enter the serial and MAC address but the equipment does not connect to the RMS service. This only happens in 5.X versions.

Are there any necessary settings for them to connect? I need to access them remotely to update firmware and make configuration changes using RMS.

Best regards

Luis

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

First I recommend checking if monitoring is enabled for device in the RMS system. To check it navigate to Services -> Device Monitoring and check if Service and Monitoring is turn on - if not, turn them on.

If they are enabled but device still fails to connect to RMS recommend checking if device has internet access and if it does, make sure it can reach rms.teltonika.lt (try ping the address from router). But if router is in remote location and you cannot get to it, try using SMS command to check if:

- router has internet connection, command for that is : status

- remote monitoring is enabled on router, command for that is: monitoring_status

- if monitoring is disabled you can enable it via SMS command, command for that is: monitoringon

If after checking all device will still not connect, try rebooting router via SMS command: reboot

But if it also will not help, then we can try upgrading routers firmware as long as it has internet access. To upgrade routers firmware remotely again you can use SMS command: fw_upgrade which will start FW upgrade for device. By default firmware is upgraded with keep settings.

SMS command syntax: <routers admin password><space><command>

Example: Admin159 reboot

More information regarding SMS Utilities can be found on our WiKi page: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_SMS_Utilities