FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
353 views 0 comments
by
Hello.

I am currently using an RUT950 in conjuction with a Raspberry Pi which is acting as an OpenVPN server.

I have configured the RUT950 in bridge mode which I assumed turns off all features of the router and passes all traffic to the MAC address I bound it to.

My Pi does indeed pick up the public WAN address and I can ping it from the internet. For some reason however the external ports are showing as closed  or filtered despite the fact that I have services running and active on the Pi. I do not have a firewall configured at this point on the Pi so the only thing I can assume is the RUT950 is still filtering traffic.

Can anyone confirm this or let me know what's going on? I am very disappointed in the Teltonika if the firewall remains active when configured in bridge mode as this is not behaviour you would expect of it!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

RUT device firewall is not active using bridge mode (tested few minute ago).
If your Host device has open port, when you will be able to reach it from external network (considering that you have public IP) through RUT device using bridge mode.

regards