FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+6 votes
2,399 views 21 comments
by anonymous
RUTX11 running latest firmware

CURRENT FIRMWARE INFORMATION

Firmware version RUTX_R_00.02.01.1

Firmware build date 2020-01-15 09:07:13

Modem firmware version EG06ELAR03A05M4G

Kernel version 4.14.131

FIRMWARE AVAILABLE ON SERVER

Firmware version -

Modem firmware version EG06ELAR04A03M4G

Went to Firmware Settings to also update Modem firmware to newer EG06ELAR04A03M4G, it downloaded from server, verified, but immediately failed when performing update.

What can I do?

PS: Is there a modem firmware change list to see the improvements made in the newer firmware?

2 Answers

–3 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

May I ask why you want to change modem software version? It is not recommended to change it unless there is a reason for that.
by anonymous
Just trying to keep device on latest available software/firmware which is generally good practice.

The WebUI is offering a newer version on the server, and the update process fails. I expect the update process to work and not fail.

If it's not recommended, then the update shouldn't show up?
by anonymous
I am sorry, for misleading you. Although it shows that there is a new software, but it is not fully available yet. I am sure that this will be fixed soon.
by anonymous
Hi, i totally agree with vip. Updating your firmware is more a must then a option. Keeping your devices up-to-date is a standard recommendation of all vendors since normally the updates don't only contain new features but also security patches. But I'm also very interested in the change list of the new firmware, especially in the addition of wireguard in the new firmware(as this is specified in the product overview january 2020 for all RUT devices).

Is there an ETA for the firmware release?
by anonymous
It is estimated to release Wireguard support and new RUTX software this month.
by
> It is estimated to release Wireguard support and new RUTX software this month.

Are Load Balancing and Failover among two mobile WAN going to be implemented in this release?

Is there a guaranty the new firmware will not fail during install as now it does fail?

PS I don't understand why features like Load Balancing and Failover are in the menu, but not working. The only thing I was able to achieve is SIM Switching...
by
I understand there is one modem. The thing is not clear, why there is Load balancing functionality in WebUI which impossible to use as there is one modem once again. Failover over two mobile cards also is not working.
by
Okay, thanks for the info. But how about failover? I was calling mobile operators asking to turn the Internet on my sim cards to test it - the device doesn't change WAN. One modem is fine for a failover, isn't it?
by
I see, I see... Thanks!
by anonymous
About the wireguard that would been released with the new firmware. I just installed the new firmware and checked the change log, but I cannot find anything about wireguard. Teltonika is offering products with wireguard support since January 2020, but none of the devices support it. This is misleading your customers.
by anonymous
Hello,

We have released a new RUTX_R_00.02.03.1 firmware version. The issue with the modem FW update feature is fixed in that software.

You can download that software from our Wiki website, or through the router itself.

Regarding the Wireguard, may I ask where did you find that information about Teltonika declaring Wireguard support from 2020 January?
by anonymous

Sure no problem:

It's in your own Products catalog:

VPN and tunneling OpenVPN, IPsec, GRE, PPTP, L2TP, Stunnel, DMVPN, SSTP, WireGuard, ZeroTier

Check out the product catalog, it states clearly that ALL devices support Wireguard!

source: https://teltonika-networks.com/networks-products-catalog-2020-january.pdf

This was the main reason for me to purchase the Rutx11 otherwise I would have picked a different brand that does offer it already.

by anonymous
Thank you for the information. I will investigate this.
by anonymous
Hi Justin,

Any update on the wireguard?
by anonymous
Hi,

WireGuard is going to be released with the new RutOS firmware tomorrow.

EB.
by anonymous
Let's hope it's in the next update. This is the third time its mentioned to be included in the next update. And then not even considering the fact it's mention in the specs sinds January 2020.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi EB, wil it be released "tomorrow"as  in the day after yesterday? Or is it just like all the other comments announcements and we never hear from it again...
by anonymous
Hi again,

Sorry for the delay, but right now there are important fixes that are being made to 2.4 RUTOS firmware. If everything is okay, it should be released today.

EB.
by anonymous
RutOS 2.4 is now available on wiki to download.
by
Seriously EB, what is wrong with the engineers at Teltonikas side. Again Wireguard is NOT in the promised update!
by
Released!!! Check wiki or update of FW.
by
Yes, the new firmware is released and I have updated to the new firmware version. But again no Wireguard as promised. Also not mentioned in the changelog: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX11_Firmware_Downloads#RUTX_R_00.02.04.1_.7C_2020.07.02
by
It is the Wireguard! It’s in the package manager!!!