FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
674 views 3 comments
by

Hi 

I'm using the test feature on the Modbus server. Firmware version RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1

On some devices it returns the actual register value but on others it returns success.

For the devices that return success I am having difficulty in getting an expected register value. I use the Modbus to server (MQTT) to actually read the data. 

Can you please let me know what is happening?

Thanks

by
Hi

With some further testing using a Modbus master program, I found I was requesting incorrect register values.

I'm not sure why the Modbus server on the RUT returns a "Success" response.

Regards

Neil
by anonymous
Dear sir,

If you use wrong slave ID or wrong register/coil/parameter numbers. In such cases you will observe success instead of values of registers.

Just double check ones. Same setup is tested by me on my rut9xx with same firmware and it is working fine.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

We will check with RnD, why "Success" response was returned in your case.
by anonymous
We have updated algorithm for Modbus master and in future firmware release it will return error.
0 votes
by anonymous
Dear sir,

If you use wrong slave ID or wrong register/coil/parameter numbers. In such cases you will observe success instead of values of registers.

Just double check ones. Same setup is tested by me on my rut9xx with same firmware and it is working fine.

-Rasure