FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
488 views 2 comments
by

Hi,
under WAN on the RUT240, when I have look in to the failover configuration, there is on the botom the folowing

Execute command

Command

is it possible here to chang the chanels which the RUT240 is using to enter the internet.
Sometimes it switches not for a longer time and it would be great to have comand to change the direction.
LTE or wired or vice versa.

Best V

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you explain in more detail what solution you are trying to achieve?

Because purpose of failover function is to have continuous connection to internet, if yours main WAN is not available it switches to backup and when main WAN connection recovers it switches back to main, that is it. If you want to switch between them manually, then failover should be disabled, because it will always prefer main WAN connection.

The option you mentioned is used to execute commands like turning on or off output, or changing profile, if you would want to employ some kind of warning if main line is down or apply some kind of data limits.

Best regards,
VidasKac.
by anonymous
Hi, the idea behind my question was to get quicker/faster back to the standard WAN.
Sometimes I see that the DSL connections is back really fast but the RUT is still for 5-10 Minutes on the LTE WAN.
So if there is a possibility to force the switching would be great.

Best V.
by anonymous

Have you tried changing other failover options like Attempts before recovery which describes, how many times router checks connection before switching back to main WAN interface or using another ICMP host for health checks? also to what Value is yours ICMP timeout is set in yours configuration?

Best regards,
VidasKac.