FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
854 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hi

I'm trying to evaluate RMS today.

I have several different models but using a TRB140 today.

I can't get it to connect to RMS. I just get Connection State: Failure

I've done several factory resets and tried TRB1400_R_00.01.05 and TRB1400_R_00.01.06.1 but nothing seems to make a difference.

/Johan

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Have you successfully added it to RMS on its side? also yours internet connection with TRB is fine? you can ping outside websites/IPs and pages are loading?

Best regards,
Vidas.
Best answer
by anonymous
Internet connection is fine, I can connect to RMS port from PC behins router.

I first added the s/n and MAC as RUT but then realized it should be registered as TRB so I removed the device and registered it again using s/n and IMEI.

For some reason it shows up in the portal with a MAC but not the one that's in the device.

Regards

Johan
by anonymous
Hello,

I am afraid you didn't see my last PM. Could you please send me a troubleshoot file from yours TRB after it was running for about 10 minutes, and RMS was enabled in the WebUI.

Best regards,
VidasKac.
by anonymous

Hi Vidas

I made some more tests and it seems the problem is that we are using a private APN and all devices is behind one public IP.

Using a standard SIM the router connects to RMS.

Is there any way to utilize RMS when using a private APN or does each router need a public IP.

Regards 

Johan

by anonymous
Hello,

Using Private APN with Private IP as long as you have internet connection, should not restrict RMS access, unless yours Mobile Service Provider is blocking it. Can you access rms.teltonika.lt via browser when you are connected to internet with this TRB140? And can you ping it directly from router using this connection? If not, then then it is being blocked by yours MSP and you should contact them for RMS access with your devices using Private APN.

Best regards,
VidasKac.
by anonymous

Hmm, this is strange.vFrom a PC behind the router I can access https://rms.teltonika.lt, I can telnet to rms.teltonika.lt:15009 and I get ping replies from rms.teltonika.lt.

I'll send you a troubleshoot file through private message.

Rgds

Johan

by anonymous

Hello, 

I think this is most likelly connected to the issues that you are facing with remote access in another case that you created - https://community.teltonika-networks.com/17949/enable-remote-access-with-private-apn

Because I really can't find fault in yours configuration, especially when it works fine with another SIM card.

I would really recommend contacting yours MSP for more information/ reasons why access is restricted, before doing changes in TRB configuration.

Best regards,
VidasKac.

by anonymous
Hi Vidas

You were correct in you analysis.

I solved a mtu issue between the router and internet and after that the router got connected to RMS!

Thanks for good support!

Rgds
Johan