4553 questions

5591 answers

8820 comments

5474 members

0 votes
282 views 3 comments
by

Hello,

I've tried 2 SIM cards from transatel, France but both of them are not able to connect to the internet.

It seems LTE connection is OK but IP layer is NOT OK.
Does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

Transatel SIM
https://www.transatel-datasim.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/tds201703_userguidea4_sim_en.pdf


Router : RUT955 EU (EC25)
F/W version : RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1
Connection type: QMI
Mode: NAT
APN: mobiledata
Username: mobiledata
Password: empty  (tried with mobiledata, but failed)
Auth: none / CHAP / PAP (no difference)
Roaming: on


1. LTE Network Connection
SIM/Router  RUT955   iPhone
Transatel    OK        OK
Orange       OK        OK

Confirmed with RSSI, and network registration status in web ui.

With Transatel SIM Card:
Data connection state  Connected
Signal strength        -71dBm
RSRP                   -108dBm
RSRQ                   -16dB
SINR                   -2.5dB
Operator               Orange F
Operator state         Registered (home)
Connection type        4G
Connected band         LTE BAND 3
Byte received*         612B(612 bytes)
Byte sent*             59.2KB (60582 bytes)


2. Internet Connection
SIM/Router  RUT955   iPhone
Transatel    NG        OK
Orange       OK        OK


With Transatel SIM Card:
root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# ifconfig
wwan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr D2:3A:62:98:11:9E 
          inet addr:10.XXX.XXX.XX  Bcast:10.XXX.XXX.XX  Mask:255.255.255.252
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:2 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:1551 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:612 (612.0 B)  TX bytes:97563 (95.2 KiB)

root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
default         10.145.XXX.XX   0.0.0.0         UG    10     0        0 wwan0
10.145.XXX.XX   *               255.255.255.248 U     10     0        0 wwan0
10.145.XXX.XX   *               255.255.255.255 UH    10     0        0 wwan0
192.168.100.0   *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 br-lan


No response from server
ping www.google.com
>> ping: bad address 'www.google.com'

ping 8.8.8.8
>> PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8): 56 data bytes
>>
>> --- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
>> 5 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss

AT+QPING=1,"www.google.com"
AT+QPING=1,8.8.8.8
>> No response.

Best regards,

1 Answer

0 votes
by

Hello,

I would like to ask you to take following steps for troubleshooting this issue:

- Upgrade device to latest firmware, or reset your device if it is already latest. Before flashing firmware uncheck “Keep all settings”.

- Check if both mobile antennas are connected to the router;

- Check if mobile data limit is not set on the router;

- Check mobile settings (“Network -> Mobile”):

·         Make sure „IPv4 only “checkbox is selected

·         Try to set “PPP” connection. If “PPP” connection type is used, make sure that dial number is unchanged (*99#) or set to one, operator provided

- Check what mobile settings another device (iPhone) uses for correct connectivity. Try using same settings in router

-          Make sure correct SIM card slot is selected in Network -> Mobile -> SIM Management

-          If the device supports more than x1 SIM slot, try putting SIM card to second SIM slot

- Check if APN is set correctly. Entries has to be same on:

·         cat /etc/config/network

·         cat /etc/config/simcard

-          Try restarting LTE module on Web UI menu Status > Network > Mobile or use CLI command:

·         /etc/init.d/modem restart

-          Try using:

·         gsmctl –A AT+CFUN=0

·         gsmctl –A AT+CFUN=1

If issue still persist download troubleshoot file on menu System > Administration > Troubleshoot and send it to via PM. Just, make sure that troubleshoot file is generated when the issue is present and before a reboot (So it can be seen in the logs).

Regards.

by
Hello,

I've tried both of the latest firmware and factory reset but the issue still persists.
I sent PM.

Best regards,
by

Hello,

please try to set

  • custom APN: mobiledata
  • authenitcation method: none
This is recommended on the Transatel page: https://www.transatel-datasim.com/faq/
by

Hello, 

I tried all of the combinations as below but the issue still present...


APN:mobiledata  UID empty  PWD empty  AUTH none    IP Address:OK
APN:mobiledata  UID empty  PWD empty  AUTH CHAP    IP Address:OK
APN:mobiledata  UID empty  PWD empty  AUTH PAP    IP Address:OK

APN:mobiledata  UID mobiledata  PWD empty AUTH none    IP Address:OK
APN:mobiledata  UID mobiledata  PWD empty AUTH CHAP    IP Address:OK
APN:mobiledata  UID mobiledata  PWD empty AUTH PAP    IP Address:OK

APN:mobiledata  UID mobiledata  PWD mobiledata AUTH none    IP Address:OK
APN:mobiledata  UID mobiledata  PWD mobiledata AUTH CHAP    IP Address:OK
APN:mobiledata  UID mobiledata  PWD mobiledata AUTH PAP    IP Address:OK

I tried "AAA" as APN, in this case, it's impossible to obtain IP address.
APN:AAA  UID mobiledata  PWD  empty AUTH none    IP Address:NG