FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
600 views 6 comments
by

I have installed the RUT240 with standards settings and upgraded the FW to the latest version.

Range
The range of the wifi is less than 5 meters

Speed
I get 1-5 mbit/s down and 0-1 mbit/s up. On my cellphone I get at least 50 mbit/s down with the same carrier.

What should I do?

by anonymous
If you want better performance you need to change router. We have around 20 RUT240 and they do their job but are all really really slow, even for being a cat4.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi Carl,

Coverage and speed vastly relies on environment but your given metrics are far away from what RUT240 offers. Are you absolutely sure you mounted the antennas correctly and you have working and approved antennas?
by
I used the included antennas and the are correctly mounted. I have double checked.

Still not working...
by anonymous
Hi again Carl,

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried restoring the device to factory settings? If not, I would suggest that first. If you already tried it but got no joy, please create ta troubleshoot file and send me via pm so I can check the parameters to see if it's software or hardware issue.
0 votes
by
Yes but the specs says it should perform better! This is crap. Is this a scam or what?
by
If the wifi singal drops fast and coverage is only 5m you should check with another RUT240 in the same location at first
by
I only have the one... And it is installed in my country house on a remote island....
by
Im returning this piece of junk.