FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
252 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hello!

I have 3x RUT240 connecting to a RUTX09 in a site to site topology, all connections are cellular with DDNS working, all hostnames are ping-able. 

I'm having issues with server to client communication, even after configuring TLS Clients correctly. I noticed on the RUTX09 that the TLS Client Common Name(CN) only accepts email type names in the Common Name field, as opposed to just a generic name like in the RUT240... is this normal? I can get the tunnel up, but I seem to only be able to ping from the client devices to the server. If I try from the server to the clients I get no reply.

I tried re-doing the certificates in easy-rsa specifying a client name like client1@ddns.net and uploaded them - no joy. I have excellent results with 52x RUT240's connecting to a big OpenVPN server, had no issues. But I am struggling to get the 3x RUT240's to talk properly with the RUTX09. So, before wasting another day I thought I would ask if there are any specifics with the Common Name requirement of an email address format?? Please see my topology attached. Many thanks!!Overview

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Sorry for the late response, RnD will remove validation for the OpenVPN TLS clients configuration so it'll be possible to use not only email type common names.

Changes will be included into RUTOS 2.4 FW version which should be released in 2-3weeks.

Regarding the bootloader of RUTX09, there's no separate file like on RUT2xx/RUT9xx series devices, regular FW file includes bootloader.