FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,049 views 4 comments
by
Would the RUT240 benefit from the installation of a MIMO antenna for LTE usage?
by anonymous
Could someone from teltonika please answer? Does RUT240 support mimo??

Thanks
by anonymous
Yes, it does

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

In theory, yes if you have cell towers in your are supports MIMO because it offers significant increases in data throughput and link range without additional bandwidth or increased transmit power.

Please check here for mobile signal strength recommendations.

by
Already checked those but signal is what it is in the area i have to use it, can't change towers. Only thing i can change is the antenna, so what is your answer? If cell towers support it i could have a big advantage?
by
I installed two Uda-Yagi antennas, spaced 0.5 m from each other, top is V-pol, bottom is H-pol in a hard NLOS position to the serving cell. The top aerial is 1850 MHz-optimised, the bottom is 1750 MHz-optimised.

Current performance indicators are:

RSRP: —98 dBm, RSRQ: —11 dB, SINR: —0.1 dB.

I cannot decide how to connect the aerials. Currently 1850 MHz-optimised aerial is connected to TX/RX port, and the 1750 MHz-optimised is connected to RX-only port, which gives me better Downlink speeds. But when I switch the ports vice-versa, I've got better Uplink speeds and less latency.

So, the MIMO is definitely works, but the effect is not dramatic (marginal performance difference).