FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
398 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

Here my question:

We want to read the ICCID of the simcards cyclically from another device and we dont want to use json-rpc. We are planning to do it with SNMP because we also read more variables (included in the mib file).

The MIB file of the SNMP doesnt include this variable. I would like to ask if there is any plan from your side to include it. We have 60 Routers on us and this forces us to send the json-rpc (with the username and password of the router) via curl through out ethernet wire from the remote device. Definitely unwanted. 

Is this a big change or can we adapt the mib file adding the object (see below) and then link it to the corresponding oid via cli/ssh ? 

Thanks

iccid OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      DisplayString (SIZE (0..255))
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
            "ICCID "
    ::= { gsm XX } 

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Currently, it is not possible to read ICCID value with SNMP, but I will inform RND, that there is a demand for this feature and they might include that in the future.

When it comes to creating your own OID, that could be done with the SDK we provide, but we don't have instructions on how you could achieve that.
Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you for your answer. This would be very helpful for us to moritor all the iccids out there.

I looked a bit in the SDK but without the specific instructions we might spend a lot of time. We will wait until is included in the oid and the mib file.
by anonymous
I have received confirmation from RND, they will include ICCID value to SNMP in future updates.