FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
792 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hello All,

Can someone please tell me if routes to TLS Client networks are automatically configured when saving the OpenVPN server config?

I have a site to multi-site, currently working but only from client to server. I have found no routes to the clients private network in the RUTX09(server) routing table. If I have to add them manually that is fine, but the option seems to be missing:

Server Config.

Routing table, clearly showing missing routes from above.

Static Route interface list seems to be missing OpenVPN (tun_s_servertunnelname)

What am I missing here? Am I expected to edit the /etc/config/openvpn file manually and insert the route?

Can someone please clarify for me - it would be much appreciated.

Regards!

by anonymous
Surely someone from Teltonika can answer this question!? Some of us are resellers and have customer expectations on these products. My question is straight forward. Not happy
by anonymous

ok, some more info in this issue. As per a typical Debian OpenVPN server install I added the route's to the OpenVPN server.conf.

This works to some degree, but only retains the last route in the conf...

Added the 3x routes for my 3 RUT240 OpenVPN client sites

Full /etc/config/openvpn configuration:

Restarted, and only the last route: 192.168.100.0 /24 is added. If I change the order of the route statements its always the last route that is added.

So, I can ping from the server to the client now, however I cannot access the other 2 client sites because of the missing routes.

Teltonika, can you please advise!

Thank you

by
Have you got working firmware fix? We have similar problem with RUTX11 - almost 2 months - correspondence, promises, "active working on fix" and no effective results.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

This issue has been tested and replicated. All information has been forwarded to our RnD department, I'll inform you as soon as fix will be prepared.
Best answer
0 votes
by
Hey,

To be honest I gave up and sent it back, just couldn’t wait any longer. Swapped it for a RUT950 and there were no issues. Seems the RUTX series has the issues. Apparently the latest firmware fixes the issues? Have you tried it yet? Are you having OpenVPN issues?

Shayne
by
Thanks for the answer. Yes, we have problems adding OpenVPN TLS clients. Teltonika aren't able to fix this with the latest RUTX11 FW update. We received the test file with fix via the importer, but it only allows add one TLS client no more and needs changes via SSH. The idea is great and would be comfortable to use, but the implementation and support leave much to be desired.

Using the RUT950: OpenVPN TLS client's CNs are email addresses and this creates routes to the client's LAN?