FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
411 views 1 comments
by
Hi,

I just bought the TRB 255 which Teltonika states is CAT-m compatible. When using the webinterface there is no where where i can control settings such as eDRX OR PSM for the CAT-m network. Cant find anything in the manual or elsewhere?

Anyone that could give me some guidance here?

Thanks

jon

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
by
Hi,
In firmware TRB2_R_00.02.03.1 on TRB255 most of the gsmctl CLI commands (including all  AT commands eg. gsmctl -A AT+XXX) do not work.
Unfortunately it does not seem to be possible to send AT commands via the CLI (eg. gsmctl -A AT+CIMI should retrieve the IMSI from a BG96 but the CLI says that it cannot understand the command

In the CLI, most of the gsmctl commands  (even single parameter commands) are either "not understood" by the interpreter "timeout",  or take a very long time to respond (eg. try to get the imsi with gsmctl -x). This still occurs when we put it into debug mode.At this stage it may take >30 seconds for some of these commands to respond, if they respond at all. For the IMSI command, I have only had 1 successful response from this command as 99% of the time it fails. The device has definitely read the IMSI by this time as it is connected to the internet and successfully transmits data over our IPSec tunnel. I have pasted findings from this in blue below:

eg.
root@Teltonika-TRB255:~# gsmctl -v                                                                                  
GSMCTL version: 0.2b                
root@Teltonika-TRB255:~# gsmctl -k                                                                                  

root@Teltonika-TRB255:~# gsmctl --at AT+CIMI <-- Dead

root@Teltonika-TRB255:~# gsmctl -x <-- Dead

root@Teltonika-TRB255:~# gsmctl -i   <-- Dead
Failed to invoke a gsmd object method                                                                                
GSMCTL error: reading message                                                                                        
N/A  
root@Teltonika-TRB255:~# gsmctl -c <-- Dead

root@Teltonika-TRB255:~# gsmctl -v                                                                                  
GSMCTL version: 0.2b                                                                                                
root@Teltonika-TRB255:~# gsmctl -j                                                                                  
Connected                                                                                                            
root@Teltonika-TRB255:~# gsmctl -J <-- Dead

root@Teltonika-TRB255:~# gsmctl -P <-- Dead