FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
431 views 3 comments
by

We use the RUT950 to establish an IPSec tunnel from the locations in the field to our firewall.

In the IPSEC setup (IKEv1, aggressive mode) we selected the "Enable keepalive" with a "Ping period" of 180 seconds, with an host IP on the other side of the tunnel.

These tunnels are 24/7 active.

After a while (a few hours??), the RUT950 starts to send a lot of pings per second.

10.198.2.65 is the LAN address of one of our RUT950's, 10.199.0.10 is the ping host.

At that moment, disabling the "Enable keepalive" option does not stop the pings, only a reboot of the RUT950 helps.

Sometimes we see that after a reboot, 2 pings are send every 180 seconds.

The firmware versions in the field:

RUT9xx_R_00.06.03.2,   RUT9xx_R_00.06.04.5,   RUT9xx_R_00.06.05.3

We have locations with fixed WAN connection / 3G / or both (failover).

Our firewall reports an "anomaly"....

Is there anything we can do?

by

This device, version RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1, generates after a reboot 2 pings (every 180 seconds)

When I change the Host address for the 'keepalive', this ping is added to the 2 existing pings.

When I unselect the "Enable keepalive", all pings keep running!

Only a restart will stop this.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I am trying to recreate this issue, could you additionally download and send me router troubleshoot file via private message? The best would be to get troubleshoot from the router with the newest firmware (6.06.1).  Troubleshoot can be downloaded from routers WebUI (System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot).
by
Any news on this?
by anonymous
Dear,

Do you need more information about this?

Any news?

We've stopped the rollout for several weeks now.

Too bad I don't receive anything about this.