FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
414 views 3 comments
by anonymous
After a crash (?) and an installation of the firmware with the bootloader menu, what is the best procedure to recover the previous state of the RUT955:

- upload the last rp file ?

and/or

- upload the last backup ?

and

- ?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Uploading your backup seems to be best bet. However keep in mind that whatever was done in router might have led to crash at the first place.
by anonymous
Ok. I thought instead to a restore point file but you should be right.

Can I be sure to retrieve my own files (scripts, ...) ?

Can I also be sure that this procedure can be executed on a remote RUT955 ? this is my problem: the RUT955 is far (250km), impossible to press the reset button !
by anonymous

Assuming you can reach to your router via public IP or RMS, the answer to both of your questions is yes. Let me know if you encounter any issues. You can upload router's configuration backup file from the System → Administration → Backup page and check THIS page if you want to do it via RMS

by anonymous
I read several times the page you mentionned but it is confusing to me.

There is the user's default config and the backup config and, of course, the rp files.

So, at least 3 sources of information, 3 sources of confusion.

That was the sense of my first question !