FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
505 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Good afternoon.

We are your customers, and we had a problem with building vpn l2tp + ipsec.

Router model "Teltonika RUT950" (

Firmware version RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1

Kernel version 3.18.44

Bootloader version 3.2.1), the hardware model on the other hand is MikroTik RB1100AHx2 (version: 6.43.2 (stable)).

The problem is that we can establish an l2tp connection with our equipment, but ipsec cannot be established.

The first phase of IKE doesn't built.

The policies of the first and second stages are identical on 2 routers + teltonics with private ip, behind NAT, mikrotik with public ip.

Tell me what could be the problem.

What vendors do you work with, maybe it’s better to try using not a MikroTik, but another vendor?

Looking forward for your answer!

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

You can use 2 RUT/TRB devices to establish L2TP over IPsec connectivity. Usually clients use this feature to connect end devices, e.g. Apple/Android smartphones, windows PC's and etc.

If you could PM me troubleshoot file from your RUT950 and your Mikrotik configuration, I could review the logs and configuration to determine why devices aren't establishing VPN connectivity.
0 votes
by
RUTX11 firmware upgrade 02.03.1
After the update, no "." can be entered anymore.
When entering an IP address the error occurs: 
"A string of a-Z, 0-9 and _ charachters is accepted". Is there a solution to this problem?
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you provide more information about your case as it's a different issue from the OP.

Where exactly you're trying to enter IP address?