FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
627 views 2 comments
by
I've searched and not found how to set up the RUT950 on the ASUS's Dual WAN for Failover.

I want the RUT950's LTE connection running ONLY if cable modem internet is down, and the ASUS switches to the RUT950. So it would look like this...

ASUS Primary WAN = Cable Modem Internet
ASUS Secondary WAN = RUT950 LTE Internet only when ASUS fails to it  (no Wifi or DHCP running)
ASUS AC86U runs DHCP for Wifi & LAN Clients

I had the RUT950 working as the 'gateway' (Internet -> RUT950 -> ASUS) to detect and failover to LTE but the RUT950's speed is only 90mbit (real-world speed) and my internet 120mbit (real-world speed) so I dont want to loose speed.

thx for the help!

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not have instructions/examples how to set up asus router.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi, for such application you should use ther RUTX series, which provide Gigabit ports and 5Ghz Wifi. In this way you can make a cascade-like setup, where the rutX is connected behind the ASUS modem in Failover mode (as it comes by default.)
by
Are you saying the RUT950 does not have the ability to run in "Failover mode"... behind another router?

I like the RUT950 but it is 100mbit, not Gigabit ethernet so actual throughput is 90mbit, well below my 150mbit Internet connection.

RUTX09 looks like is may be viable, was hoping to not need it since they are expensive. AND getting one in the USA doesnt look easy.

I need:  Cable goes down -> failover to LTE ... Cable comes back -> failback to Cable, disable LTE

... using the ASUS, then the RUT looked like I could use what I already had.
by anonymous
Hi. All of the teltonika routers can make either, Failover it's interfaces. But the only ones with Gigabit ports are the RUTX series.