FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,151 views 15 comments
by
Just purchased a new TRB140 and attempted upgrading the firmware using the WebUI. Following the upgrade the device fails to start.

The LED's just flash in the following pattern: fourth signal signal strength LED flashes once, then all signal strength LEDs flash twice.

Have attempted a factory reset, however all that happens is all signal LEDs flash. Not able to connect to the WebUI, ping, or SSH etc (attempted using a static ip address). Also there are no link lights on the ethernet connections (laptop or TRB140).

Any assistance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Regarding to the issue your having may i know the TRB batch no. and could you try doing this steps:

1. Remove all cable and antenna of the TRB device.
2. Plug the power cable.
3. After 2-3 mins insert a LAN cable and see if the Ethernet port led will blink
4. Check your laptop/pc if the trb device is detected check if the network cable is plugged or unplugged.
5. If the TRB140 is detected but is not reachable via web ui try pinging 192.168.2.1. Now if their is no ping results
you can try using the USB cable found in the back instead of LAN (ethernet) cable and see if there are some positive results.

Hope it helps

Regards,
Jerome
by
Hi Jerome,

Thank you for suggestions.

Device Batch no is: 14

Connected power and waited 5 mins with nothing else connected. Connected the network cable to my laptop. Still no link lights on the computer or device, tried pinging device after verifying static IP address set. No response. Tried connecting USB computer does not detect any USB device (running Linux). Device still shows the same LED blink pattern as before.

Any other thoughts?

Many thanks,

André
by anonymous

Hello André,

Regarding your issue you are having i have shared it with our head office. 

May i know how did you upgrade the firmware of your device? Is is using an old firmware of 1.06 below before the upgrade?
Also have you followed the instruction mentioned on this link: 
https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/TRB140_legacy_FW_upgrade_instructions

Regards,
Jerome

by
Hi Jerome,

The upgrade was performed using the WebUI. It reported that a firmware upgrade was available to install. Selected to download and install the firmware from the WebUI. After the firmware upgrade the WebUI stayed at 100%, left it for about 2 hours before I gave up on the device restarting.

Sorry, don't know the versions of the firmware before or after the upgrade as did not write these down, nor did I download a file.

Many thanks,

André
by anonymous
Hello,

Okay well noted. I will inform you once i have information on how to resolve your issue.

Thank you and have a nice day!
Stay Safe

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding your issue i have received information from our HQ. Could you follow the steps provided below? 

1. Turn off/unplug TRB14x;

2. Press and hold reset button, at the same time plug the power cable and keep holding reset button for about 5 seconds (mobile signal LED's should start blinking);

3. Download and install adb from this link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

4. Open CMD with admin rights;

5. Download rootfs.ubi (https://we.tl/t-tWBYLa956X)

6. Use cd command to navigate to the place where you saved the rootfs.ubi file (Example: cd C:\Users\ma.ju\AppData\Local\Temp);

7.Then use this command: fastboot flash rootfs_a rootfs.ubi ;

8.When it completes the process use this command; fastboot flash rootfs_b build/rootfs.ubi ;

9.When it is done unplug and plug your device again, it should boot up as normal;

10.Install the latest software through WebUI. Download link:https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/TRB140_Firmware_(EU)

Hope it helps

Kindly provide me feedback regarding this also.

Stay Safe

Regards,
Jerome

by
Hi Jerome,

Thank you chasing this up. Couple of quick questions:

1. What would you recommend I use to flash the device as my OS is Linux?

2. As I am in Australia should I be using a different firmware than the EU version?

Many thanks,

André
by

Hi Jerome,

Have installed ADB and fastboot on Linux (OpenSUSE - YAST: android-tools and android-udev-rules). 

Have verified and configured the ADB drivers as per the following website: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-installing-adb-fastboot-linux-adb-t3478678

Linux detects the device on USB connection (dmesg):

[262030.143527] usb 1-2: new high-speed USB device number 31 using xhci_hcd
[262030.298760] usb 1-2: New USB device found, idVendor=18d1, idProduct=d00d
[262030.298766] usb 1-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[262030.298769] usb 1-2: Product: Android
[262030.298772] usb 1-2: Manufacturer: Google
[262030.298774] usb 1-2: SerialNumber: 

However "adb devices" fails to list anything. Also executing "flashboot flash roofs_a rootfs.ubi;" it just stays on "< waiting for device >".

Thinking this must be a driver issue as the OS is detecting the device over USB.

Any ideas what I must be missing?

Many thanks,

André

by anonymous

Hello,

Sorry for the late response i will forward this issue of yours to our HQ.

For the answer to your questions: 
Thank you chasing this up. Couple of quick questions:

1. What would you recommend I use to flash the device as my OS is Linux?
-> Any OS will do. 

2. As I am in Australia should I be using a different firmware than the EU version?
-> You can flash the AU version if your have TRB1401 device https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/TRB140_Firmware_(AU)

Stay Safe

Regards,
Jerome

by
Hi Jerome,

Thank you for the clarifications.

Referring to my earlier post, have installed the required software on Linux. However the device is not being listed. Performed some additional testing, "adb devices" shows my Android phone but does not list the device.

Any further advice on how to get this working?

Many thanks,

André
by anonymous
Hello,

I am still waiting for the response from our RnD regarding this problems of yours. Once i hear from them i will inform you directly.

Stay Safe

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you try using Window OS instead of Linux OS?

Kindly provide me feedback on this.

Regards,
Jerome
by
Hi Jerome,

Same issue with Windows, "adb devices" fails to list the device.

Many thanks,

André
by anonymous

Hello, 

May i know what adb installer are you using could you try installing the ADB installer 1.3? 

Then follow this steps: 

Turn off/unplug TRB14x;

2. Press and hold reset button, at the same time plug the power cable and keep holding reset button for about 5 seconds (mobile signal LED's should start blinking);

3. Download and install adb from this link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

4. Open CMD with admin rights;

5. Download rootfs.ubi (https://we.tl/t-tWBYLa956X)

6. Use cd command to navigate to the place where you saved the rootfs.ubi file (Example: cd C:\Users\Jerome\Desktop\Test);

7.Then use this command: fastboot flash rootfs_a rootfs.ubi ;

8.When it completes the process use this command; fastboot flash rootfs_b rootfs.ubi ;

9.When it is done unplug and plug your device again, it should boot up as normal;

10.Install the latest software through WebUI.

I have tested this on my side but i am using Windows 7 OS. And i was able to flash

Regards,
Jerome

by

Hi Jerome,

Have tested this process with Windows 10 and Linux. 

Have ensured where possible that the most recent version of ADB is installed on Linux system. The although not version 1.3 as you listed the version being used on my system appears to have been built in April 2020 and were downloaded from: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools which sates to have the most recent versions of this software.

Following is a copy and paste from my Linux terminal:

andre@Laptop:~/ADB> ./adb --version  
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.41
Version 30.0.2-6538114
Installed as /mnt/data01/Installs/ADB/adb
andre@Laptop:~/ADB> ./adb devices
List of devices attached

andre@Laptop:~/ADB> ./fastboot flash rootfs_a ../Downloads/rootfs.ubi;
< waiting for any device >
^C
andre@Laptop:~/ADB>

Please note that the "< waiting for any device >" message is the same on Windows and Linux and does not go away unless pressing Ctrl+C. 

From my reading there are three reasons for "waiting for any device": 1 the required drivers are not set up, 2 the target device is not in developer mode, 3 The USB cable is faulty.

As to point 1:

The Operating System has detected the device as per the following output from dmesg:

[246966.671410] usb 1-2: new high-speed USB device number 18 using xhci_hcd
[246966.826522] usb 1-2: New USB device found, idVendor=18d1, idProduct=d00d
[246966.826527] usb 1-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[246966.826530] usb 1-2: Product: Android
[246966.826533] usb 1-2: Manufacturer: Google
[246966.826535] usb 1-2: SerialNumber: 

As to point 2. I can confirm that the instructions of disconnecting the power, pressing and holding the reset button while plugging in the power supply and holding for at least 5 seconds have been followed. The result is all signal strength lights flash.

To test the configuration I plugged in an old HTC mobile phone.

dmesg output:

[247582.822713] usb 1-2: new high-speed USB device number 34 using xhci_hcd
[247582.972091] usb 1-2: New USB device found, idVendor=0bb4, idProduct=0f87
[247582.972096] usb 1-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[247582.972099] usb 1-2: Product: Android Phone
[247582.972102] usb 1-2: Manufacturer: HTC
[247582.972104] usb 1-2: SerialNumber:

As you can see, after accepting the notification to allow USB debugging on the phone, ADB sees the HTC phone:

List of devices attached
FA536YJ02535    device

Retrying with the TBR140 using exact same cable etc:

[247781.957602] usb 1-2: New USB device found, idVendor=18d1, idProduct=d00d
[247781.957607] usb 1-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[247781.957610] usb 1-2: Product: Android
[247781.957613] usb 1-2: Manufacturer: Google
[247781.957615] usb 1-2: SerialNumber:
List of devices attached

andre@Laptop:~/ADB>

As to point 3, as the USB cable worked with the HTC phone it should be safe to say the cable being used does not have a fault.

Please note as stated before, the exact same result of ADB not seeing the device also occurs on Windows 10 (which was based on a fresh fully patched install on a clean system as I do not use Windows).

Output from Windows 10:

C:\Users\andre>adb version

Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.32

Revision eac51f2bb6a8-android

C:\Users\andre>adb devices

List of devices attached

C:\Users\andre>

When you performed your test, did you also apply the firmware patch via the WEB UI that appears to have disabled my device? Maybe this is contributing to why this is not working?

Many thanks,

André

by anonymous
Hello,

Could we do a short remote session for this one? Just send me the Anydesk id of yours via PM :)

Stay Safe

Regards,
Jerome