FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
541 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi there,

I have problems with the connection to a VPN server. The server is a OpenVPN server. I want to access the VPN Server with the RUT240.

What works:

With my Phone and my Computer I can connect without any problems to the VPN-Server. With the RUT240 it is not possible.

My Hardware and Software looks like this:

RUT 240 with FW ver: RUT2XX_R_00.01.12.3

-          The WAN-Port of the RUT240 is connected via DHCP to a network with Internet-Access. If I connect to the RUT240 via SSH, I am be able to ping the Google-Server. I mean „ping 8.8.8.8“ is possible.

-          On the RUT240 in Services / VPN, I created a new VPN-Client. I set there two Check-Boxes. „Enable OpenVPN config from file“ and „Enable“. Then I uploaded the *.ovpn File.

The problem is if I go now to Status / Network / OpenVPN it tells me:

Enabled: yes

Type: Client

What else can I do? The Internet-Connection to the RUT240 is working. It is also possible to connect to the VPN-Server from my Phone and Computer.

<!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 21 false false false DE X-NONE X-NONE <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]>

<![endif]-->
by anonymous
Problem solved with add "route remote_host 255.255.255.255 net_gateway" on client file conf

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Currently it’s difficult to determine what exactly might be causing this issue without the .ovpn configuration file/logs.

Could you PM me a troubleshoot file from your RUT240, I’d like to review the configuration and check the logs if there are any connection errors.