FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,194 views 3 comments
by
What is maximum allowed temperature for RUT955 temperature sensor shown in webui/snmp?

We tested that when closed enclosure temperature is +52C webui shows device temp as +74C (and we have seen device temps as high as +80C when device is installed inside roadside traffic light controller cabinet).

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

WebUI shows the device temperature itself and it will always be higher than the environment. Environment temperature should not be higher than specified in our datasheets.
by anonymous
Its bit hard to measure inside cabinet - what should we alarm setpoint for device temperature sensor?
by anonymous
  • Hi,
  • Quectel datasheet states
  • Operation Temperature -35°C ~ +75°C
    Extended Temperature -40°C ~ +85°C
  • so I would say that 85 degrees should be alarmed
by anonymous
We have noticed the same thing on our RUT950. We have a Jetson Xavier and a RUT950 inside a box. The Nvidia system is around 50C while the temperature on the RUT is at 80C. It makes no sense that the value is 30 degrees higher when the two devices are a few cm apart. It could be that there is not enough airflow through the RUT950 enclosure or the heatsinks are insufficient for the device. We are going to look at placing an internal fan to move the air around the box (additional to the one already running on the Nvidia system). My last resort is to remove the Teltonika enclosure so that I can direct airflow across the circuits.

Considering these are intended for vehicles and similar industrial applications - I am highly concerned over the high temperature values we've received.

Were you able to address this and bring the temperatures down?