FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
360 views 2 comments
by
I have a RUT955NG in my motorhome. Can I use the GPS signal for navigation? How can I transfer this signal to my devices?
by anonymous
Hi Emanuel, I have the same question. Did you get any information in the last weeks who solved that need? Kind Regards, Andi

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Q: Can I use the GPS signal for navigation?

A: You can see your position on the map via WebUI or from RMS, but in both of them where Is no navigation feature (travel from point A to point B).

Q: How can I transfer this signal to my devices?

A: What do you have in mind? If you want to send GPS coordinates to some specific AVL server (using WebUI), you can do that, but AVL server must to understand and know how to decrypt GPS data. Teltonika’s GPS protocol you can find here

But if you have something more specific - will be waiting for follow up 

by
Hi, I do have the same issue. I will use f.e. a tablet without an internal GPS receiver. My hope is to connect the tablet to the RUT955 who is getting a GPS signal and then start using Google Maps on the tablet for navigation. Is this possible?