FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
1,152 views 9 comments
by anonymous
I am trying to relay the IP address from the ISP to a device the TRB140 is connected to, but NAT is the only option visible for the mobile connection under the interfaces menu.  Why is bridge mode not showing up as an option, as described in the manual?

(The firmware is the latest, TRB1_R_00.02.03.2)

2 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous

I think there is a bug in firmware R_00.02.03.2: the bridge mode option is not available in the GUI settings.  If I downgrade firmware to R_00.01.06.1, the option for bridge mode is there.  And if I turn bridge mode on in that old firmware and then upgrade to 02.03.2 (keeping settings), the bridge mode continues to work and is shown on the overview page, although under the interfaces menu it still shows only 'NAT' despite it being in bridge mode (see pictures below of the overview page and interfaces page).  Maybe the bridge mode option is missing from the interfaces menu in the new firmware?

So in short: it seems you need to switch bridge mode on in the old firmware - the new firmware does not have the option visible.

Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you! I'll do.

So... from 01.06.1 to 02.03.2 have you used the LEGACY fw (54Mb) right ?
by anonymous
Yes, I used the 'legacy' firmware to upgrade to 02.03.2.  (I did try flashing over that with the non-legacy after the upgrade too, to see if that would make a difference.  It didn't make a difference to the lacking bridge mode in 02.03.2.)
by anonymous

Done! Also upgraded to 02.03.2

But in the overview page I don't see "Mobile" and bridge mode ... maybe because I don't have insert the SIM. I'll try next week .

I hope devs could fix this bug ASAP! (How to contact them?)

by anonymous
Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, this issue is known to developers, with RUTOS 2.4 FW release Bridge Mode functionality will return to TRB140.

RUTOS 2.4 should be released this week.
by anonymous
Just in time! Thank you

This week should arrive my SIM and the Quspot antenna
0 votes
by anonymous
Since the last firmware, bridge mode is displayed on the overview page.
by anonymous

The overview page does not appear to have anything that would allow the mode to be changed into bridge mode; it only seems to show the current status.

If I go under Network, Interfaces, under MOB1S1A1 when I try to change the 'Mode' from NAT, there is nothing else to change it to.  According to the manual the options should be NAT and Bridge Mode.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

by anonymous
My TRB has arrived yesterday.... And you're right!

In interfaces-mobile-general setup, under "Mode" I only have NAT mode. I really don't know...
by anonymous
Nothing new?

We're on the same boat...
by anonymous

I’ll try downgrading the firmware tomorrow.  I wonder if it’s an issue with the new R_00.02.03.2 firmware...