FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,182 views 4 comments
by
I want to change the login web password of my Teltonika RUT240 via SSH.

Is it possible? Maybe via UCI commands?
by anonymous

On a TRB140 I also needed to change the password via ssh and then prevent the website from requesting a password change.

Changing password was done via `passwd` command.

Then to stop the website asking for a new password, by trial and error I found the following uci commands did the trick:

uci delete luci.main.firstlogin
uci commit
luci-reload

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Use command passwd if you're changing it from internal CLI.

Unfortunately, you can't use uci or json-rpc to change WebUI/SSH password, as it is not secure.

EB.

Best answer
by

I have the same problem. The solution works well, change the password to access via the web.
But I can't avoid asking for a new password at the first start via the web.

by anonymous
Try clearing your browser cache. It might be that cache still giving you the exact cached web page where you started configuring your router from. If this doesn't work try resetting your router to default settings. Please let me know if the issue still persists.
by

Cleaning the cache does not work for me. 

I found the solution in the /etc/config/teltonika file.

To prevent the website from requesting a password change again, simply run: uci set teltonika.sys.pass_changed = '1'.

Thank You