3525 questions

4381 answers

6494 comments

4677 members

Ask a question
0 votes
35 views 2 comments
in Networks by
Hi I have two RUT240's which are connected together via a IPSEC VPN tunnel, the devices on the LAN's of each device can access each other over the tunnel. I want to Port forward from the WAN of router A to a device on router B LAN, is this possible ? I thought i could do a port forward on router A using the source zone as the WAN and the destination zone as the VPN, but there isn't a zone for IPSEC. i ihave tried destination zone LAN and also VPN:openvpn, but is doesn't work.

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hi,

For such logic, it is better to use OpenVPN as it is more flexible, secure, and doesn't need a lot of configuration.

It is possible to port forward through IPSec, but we do not provide such configuration options as it would require all traffic to be forwarded through the IPSec tunnel, which is not even near the "perfect" solution you're looking for.
by
thank you.

I never used OpenVPN before, do I set one end up as the server and the other the client ? and if I do can the LAN's on Router A and Router B see each other ?
by
Yes, one router (server) will need to have a Public IP assigned, and other routers can connect to that server as clients. And they will see and reach each other once routes are set up. It's a long but quite easy process that will ease your VPN solution in the long run.

More about OpenVPN here:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/OpenVPN_configuration_examples