FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
539 views 2 comments
by
Hi there,

I have 8 RUTX09s that work really well in their given application, no issue.

I received a new RUTX09 and it has not booted successfully once.

It manifests with the same symptoms every time power is applied:

All 5 LEDS on the signal indicator start flashing immediately at 1hz on/off.

The Lan interfaces never boot and provide no dhcp server on connection or through manual configuration from client side, nor do they display any speed lights.

I have tried several times to initiate bootloader mode however the device never complies with the power off, reset button, power on cycle.

Any advice would be much appreciated?

It's worth noting, the other RUTX09 delivered with this unit performs nominally.

3 Answers

0 votes
by
looks like your device is faulty, consider looking into rma procedure, had a similar problem
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

This does look tlike a RMA unit indeed. Please refer to this post when contacting your reseller or filling RMA. We would like to analyze this unit.
0 votes
by anonymous
I have the exact same Issue. My device is from Batch 011. A bad first impression, as this is my first Teltonika device. I wonder if this is a common error and if there is anything one can do about it other than sendig it in as RMA.
by
Hi Ranavage,

Mine was also Batch 011.

Will be filing RMA shortly.
by
My RUTXT09 router was also acting strangely, freezing and not booting up sometimes. Also batch 011. I have not idea what to do, after firmware/modem upgrade it got even worse.