FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,268 views 12 comments
by anonymous
Hello,
it is possible to add another wan interfaces using one of existing lan?

Thanks

Best Regards
Andrea
by anonymous
Dear team?

how many LAN ports can be additionaly switched to WAN.

if it is possible list the models where we can receive 2 and 3 physical (rj45 OR SFP) wan ports (as backups, not balancing)

LTE and WiFi(optional) backup also needed

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello good day, 

Regarding your question i will be checking with the team if it is possible with RUTX series. But on the RUT9XX series it is possible to have 2 separate Wired WAN Source. You can refer to this link: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT950_Use_LAN_port_as_WAN#/media/File%3ANetworking_rutxxx_configuration_examples_use_lan_as_wan_5_v1.png

I will get back to you if i have confirmation or guide regarding applying this kind of configuration to RUTX series.

Hope it helps

Regards,
Jerome

Best answer
by anonymous
Hello,
I will try the same configuration on RUTX11.

Thanks

Regards
Andrea
by anonymous
Hello,

Okay well noted. I have tested it on my side also but i am not able to established a 100% uptime connectivity. I will try to get answers from our Team regarding this.

Thank you and have a nice day!
Stay Safe

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous
Hello,
any update from your team?

Regards
Andrea
by anonymous
Hello,

Regarding this functionality currently it is hold on our HQ team. Once i receive response from them i will share it with you.

Thank you and have a nice day!
Stay Safe

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous
Thanks,
for me is important and I plan to buy RUTX12 to have dual LTE and dual WAN on cable.

Regards
Andrea
by anonymous
Hello,
the 3 LAN on RUTX11 are 3 different NIC or just port switch?

Thanks

Regards
Andrea
by anonymous
Hello,

For your question about the 3 LAN ports of RUTX11 they are actually bridged LAN ports they belong with "eth0" and while the other port the WAN port belongs to "eth1". This is based on the configuration of the router.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous

Hello Andrea, 

Sorry it took a bit of time. I have received feedback on our HQ Team regarding this matter.

Here are the steps to make LAN 3 as another WAN source:

1. You need to create VLAN configuration you can do it from Web UI > Network > VLAN.
2. You need to add another VLAN then configure it like what is shown below:

Here is a much clearer picture:

Save and Apply the config.
3. Now go to the Network > Interfaces of the Web UI.
4. You need to add a new interface name let say WAN_PORT

5. After successfully adding the new interface press Edit to configure it.
6. Set the protocol to DHCP

7. Select Switch Protocol

8. Now configure the Physical Interface to "eth0.3" 

9. Lastly on the Firewall Settings make this interface belong to the WAN Zone in the firewall settings.

Save & Apply settings.
10. The final result would be like this: 

Document file: https://we.tl/t-W9kQt5J6IG 

Hope it helps,

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous
Hello,
I test on RUTX12 and it works!

Thanks

Andrea
by anonymous
Hi Andrea,

It's nice to hear that it works.

Thank you for the update.

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous

I have an RUTX11 and am trying to replicate the dual WAN setting based on the excellent instructions below.

Unfortunately I am not able to replicate fully. Once created the new interface is not showing up on "failover" tab.

This may be because when I am setting the protocol to DHCP I not getting the option for the "Switch Protocol" As shown in the picture below, I am getting "Hostname to send ..." and it is defaulting to "Teltonika-RUTX.com.

Any assistance you could provide would be welcome.

Cam